Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Company Party

Last night I got to enjoy our work Christmas/New Year’s party.  It was canceled previously due to a bad snow storm but we got to reschedule it for last night.  It was so much fun!  We met at a great authentic Mexican restaurant and had our choice of any items off the menu.  The food and service were both so good.  I had the carne al pastor and it was as delicious as I remember it!  I remember this meat from my days living in Mexico.  It is pork stacked on a large rotisserie rod, the rod is then staked vertically on an electric motor and passes by a small flame or heat source on one side.  It just turns and turns all day long and when you want to buy some they stop the turning and slice it off for you.  It has a great orange/red color that makes it unique.  I had no fear of street food and this was one of my favorites.  I am not sure if I have had it since my days in Mexico so it was a nice treat!  We then had tres leches cake for dessert and it was savory as well.  The best part was having 77 people (we have about 34 employees on the feed yard and they brought their families) together for a meal.  It was just  a warm and happy environment.
This week will be nice to get back into a little bit of a routine after so much going on.  Getting engaged, Christmas, New Years, family time, friend time – I am tired and ready for a routine again!  My mom comes into town on Friday and I can’t wait for her to get here!  We are going to go wedding dress shopping on Saturday and enjoy a girls weekend.  It is much overdue!

No comments:

Post a Comment