Friday, March 23, 2012

Brittney Spears

Have I mentioned before that I have a horse named Brittney Spears?  Well, as embarrassed as I am to say it, I do.  I did not pick out this name and have tried to change it many times but I can’t seem to find one that sticks.  Many times when people ask how many horses I have they also ask what their names are.  I must admit I am sometimes embarrassed to having Brittney Spears so I make up another name.  This has got to stop though, she must have a name!  I think I may be fighting a losing battle though because the name Brittney Spears seems to be sticking really well.  I have owned her for over a year now and she lives at the feedlot.  The pen riders use her to ride the pens and check for sick cattle.  She also gets used when they are shipping cattle.  When I bought her I DID NOT need another horse but I felt bad for her.  She had a really poor shoeing job done on her feet and it made her unable to walk for months.  A really sad deal so I convinced the owner that I needed her because she could be my new English horse when she got better.  She is a tall lanky thoroughbred so I thought she would be perfect for jumping, etc.  That is all a great plan but after a year and a half she still hasn’t left the feedlot.  She does well and gets ridden enough to warrant her stay.  The winter has been a little tough on her so she doesn’t look as nice as she has in the past but hopefully this nice spring weather and getting ridden more will help that out.  This weekend is going to be a horse cleanup weekend.  It is supposed to be 80+ degrees out every day so it will be perfect to getting all of the clan looking better.  I can’t wait to spend some time out in the sun and beautiful weather!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment