Saturday, March 17, 2012

A BIG Day

Today is officially a BIG day.  I meet this afternoon to get something I have been wanting for years.  Today I meet with a custom book maker.  Michael and I will make a 2 hour trek to the “big city” where I will have my foot fitted  and measured for a pair of cowboy boots for the wedding.  I am so excited I can barely hold myself together.  The place I am going to has been making boots for 4 generations and has even made boots for famous cowboy, Gene Autry.  I have a pretty good idea of what I would like them to look like but also want to leave some of it up to the professionals.  I can’t wait until July 28th – the wedding day – to wear them with my dress!  I’m sure there is lots of other news that I should be filling you in on since I haven’t written in so long but really, all I can think about is boots so you will have to wait to be caught up on the latest happenings! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Gene Autry?! I watched him when I was a little girl and used to sing along with him and Grandpa Richard! These boots are meant to be! Can't wait to hear all about them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Gene Autry when I was a little girl in Omaha...can't remember the boots but he had an awesome horse. Sang off key pretty much but I bet I know the words to the songs since Grandpa Gene played the country radio ALL the time. Twang twang twang...and I wanted to hear the Beatles!

    ReplyDelete