Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Is it really October?


So, let’s face the music, it has been months and months since I last posted.  To be honest, it makes me sad! I think about posting all the time and have so much I want to share but I just seem to run out of time!  So what has been taking up all this precious time?  Life.  Very simply put.  The biggest event has been preparing to welcome Baby E into the world.  That’s right, the funny farm is awaiting its newest member.  Our scheduled arrival date is November 11th so we are almost to the end of this stage!  With that being said this summer was spent trying to squeeze in every activity possible before our lives change forever and we have a trio to travel with.  We also have been so blessed to have lots of visitors from near and far and try and have even gotten to escape for a few weekends away.  Our chickens are growing, the orchard is green and lovely (and without a single pecan due to late freezes) and our momma cows continue to raise fabulous babies.  Life has been progressing at breakneck speed and I wouldn’t change it for the world!

                One thing that has been a blast and highlight to the last few months is the amount of crafting and sewing I have done.  We decided to not find out the gender of the baby so along with my mom and mother-in-law we have been sewing up a storm.  Gender neutral items are not easy to find but that hasn’t been a concern for us!  It has been fun searching high and low for fabrics and then creating fabulous and unique pieces.  I can’t wait to share all that we have been up to and I will post pictures soon!

                Hopefully I will be able to give some more regular updates on life as I feel it has been an exciting time but, then again, I am pretty biased.  In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of the latest happenings!
 
We got a new pup for the place.  Meet Rufus (Or Woofus as he is commonly called) our Bassett Hound puppy that was born April 12th.
 
 He loves ice-cream
 
And riding on the 4-wheeler
 
 He even got a new backpack for school!  Clearly, he is excited for school to start.
 
 Then there is Mao.  This girl got out the house and did a little to much visiting with the neighbors.  We had our own episode of teen mom going on.  Here she is shortly before she had kittens.
 
I came home to check her during lunch break and work and when I got home four hours later she was a momma of 7!  She is the best momma cat ever!  She had her kittens the same day Prince George was born. 
 
The kittens have grown like weeds! Meet Peaches!
 
 
 
We were blessed with some rain this summer which brought many wildflowers out.  The ranch was covered in color this summer!
 
Sadly, we had to say goodbye to this guy.  Honcho passed away unexpectedly.  It breaks my heart to not have him around anymore and I still miss him like crazy.
 
But don't worry, Bossy, the chicken who had the  super glue operation this spring is still doing great.  So great in fact ,she enjoys sitting on our front porch furniture watching the world go by.

 
There is so much going on I will post more soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment