Friday, March 15, 2013

Rigatoni Pie


                I love pasta.  And carbs. And more carbs.  Have I mentioned I love carbs?  I often look for new ways to treat myself to carbs besides the ol’ spaghetti and red sauce meal.  Last night I tried a new recipe called rigatoni pie.  I found the recipe at http://quick-dish.tablespoon.com/2013/02/27/pasta-pie/ and knew from the moment I saw it I had to try it!  Who would have thought to stand up rigatoni in a spring form pan and add tomato and meat goodness on top?  I sure would not have thought about it!  I did make some changes to the recipe.  I used ground beef instead of turkey because it is what we always have on hand.  I also added green chili to the meat/sauce to give it extra flavor and added whatever spices from the cabinet that looked good, not just red pepper flakes like the recipe calls for.  Bottom line: it turned out amazing.  I thought the arranging of rigatonis would take a long time but it really didn’t!  It was a quick meal!  I baked it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and then had it under the broiler for about the last 3.  I loved it, Michael loved it and we will eat leftovers again today and love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment