Thursday, March 14, 2013

Quiet!


Sometimes life is pretty quiet on the funny farm.  This would be one of those times.  There really has not been much going on and I am ok with that!  Daylight savings time allows for Michael to be outside working late into the evening and me more daylight to do things after work.  The weather has been amazing! Yesterday when I got off work it was in the high 70’s so as soon as I got home I washed the car. I still had plenty of daylight after that to check on the chickens, gather eggs and make it to the grocery store and back all before dark!

                As far as orchard work to be done right now life consists of trimming trees, changing water and cleaning out sprinklers.  At the ranch we only have a few cows left to calve and then it will be time to work them.  Working them consists of branding, vaccinating and castrating all the bull calves.  The calves are just the cutest things ever and I love going out to see them!  We will probably do that in late April.

                I have been getting a lot of sewing done and hope to get more done this coming weekend.  I will set out to travel again next week so I will take advantage of this while I can!  I am up to speed on my blocks for quilt guild so this weekend I am going to work on a burlap and lace table runner.  I may make placemats as well if I have any leftover material.

                Like I said, not much going on so just assume that no news is good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment